PUFF PUFF PASS

If you cant Google it - Puff Puff Pass it

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Godfather (PS2)


In a moment of total and utter boredom I decided it was time for a change to my gaming genre, Fifa06 had kept me busy for far too long and I had already noticed that my left thumb has suffered from major wear and tear…kinda like a guy getting circumcised. Anyway, theres like a gazillion games and who the fcuk knows why I chose The Godfather because I can guarantee the old fcuk on the cover was not inspiring at all! While I still don’t know why I took it and while you will never know why I took it I can tell ya I’m freakin glad I did!

Without giving too much away this is pretty much how it begins…

You start off as this snot nose Italian fag caught up in an alley watching his ol geezer getting pumped full of lead. In all your anger and frustration you are ready and rip the guys head off but then you remember you are as scrawny as the fcuking Sherminator in American Pie, so its no contest when the oldest dude in the alley “Don Vito” (The Godfather) holds you back without even using 10% of strength in his wrinkled arthritic hands. He then basically tunes you to chill out man…WTF!!

(This is where the game begins for the player – Customize your face and clothes etc.)

Fast 4ward a couple years and you’ve grown up but still haven’t learnt how to stay out of trouble. So being a mommy’s boy, your mommy goes to the same freakin Godfather that shouldve died the same day they killed your old man. She asks him to help you. With all his arrogance and attitude yet styling mafia voice he sends one of his stooges to sorta become your mentor. This is where you begin all these really cool missions...

(Review - To be continued else I'm gonna spoil it for you guys)

The game has an almost identical style of play as Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It’s totally more focussed though as there is a background genre, yes that’s right…it’s the Mafia to all you slow thinkers! Set in Italy (duh) with some really cool old school cars and beautiful graphics this game is a gem. Its one to get and is freakin long to finish…I should know considering I’m writing a review for the game and I’m only 31% complete…

Anyway…The Godfather on PS2 gets a:

PPP Rating: 8.8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home